The Bladerunner series was created for those looking for exceptional performance and handling combined with a more focused sports boat experience. With exquisite attention to detail and optimised ergonomics, the Bladerunner series sets the bar for luxury high performance craft, whether that’s an express cruiser, racer, or RHIB.
THE AIR ENTRAPMENT MONOHULL
Bladerunner is an ‘Air Entrapement Monohull’ or AEM. Pioneered by ICE Marine, the AEM is radically different to more conventional hulls with its dramatic twin tunnels that flare out from either side of the slender twin or triple stepped hull, finishing with sharp knife-like sponsons at the sides.
The uniquely shaped hull provides aerodynamic lift, a reduction in wetted surface area and dampening qualities, resulting in increased efficiency and improved ride in open water. The lift generated combined with the sharp sponson keels further enhance directional and lateral stability.
With over 45 years of extensive development and technical expertise behind the Bladerunner series, the unique AEM design continues to be refined and developed to provide an optimised driving experience.
BR GEN 1
The Bladerunner 34 and Bladerunner 35 are both based on the BR Gen 1 hull form which has:
- Large tunnels for maximum aerodynamic lift
- Slender main hull with a low deadrise for minimum drag
BR GEN 2
The Bladerunner 51 MKI and MKII were based on the BR Gen 2 hull form which has:
- Wider main hull for greater payload tolerance & internal space
- Good rough water capability and safety
- Improved turning with gentle heel in
BR GEN 3
The Bladerunner 45 models are based on the BR Gen 3 hull form which has:
- Increased deadrise along main hull
- Two stage tunnels for increased damping
- Adjusted sponson keel line for better turning and recovery
- Easy handling and greater maneuverability
- Further improved rough water capability & drier riding