The Bladerunner BR45 Interceptor is a high speed offshore military craft capable of 70 knots with a capacity to carry 12 passengers and 2 crew. With a range of 400nm, the BR45 Interceptor adapts well to applications such as a special forces insertion craft, or for patrol boat operations.
GEN 3 BLADERUNNER HULL
The Bladerunner BR45 Interceptor incorporates the latest 3rd generation AEM hull (Air Entrapment Monohull) unique to ICE Marine, with advances in:
- Rough water capability and handling
- Reduction in repeated shock and whole body vibration
- Improved manoeuvrability at high speed and reduced turning radius with optimised inward heel
- Greater directional, lateral and pitch stability
- Accessible performance, with less fatigue and input required from the coxswain
- Greater payload tolerance
- Increased freeboard and dry ride
The BR45 Interceptor is powered by three 550hp inboard diesel engines driving through triple Arneson surface drives. The platform specification can be tailored to suit the application and customer requirements – see below for all engine options.
The interceptor has a full range of customisable seating configurations. Standard configuration is equipped with 12 Ulman Dynamic Patrol jockey seats with 2 Ulman Dynamic Echelon helm seats.
The Bladerunner is kept stable and level in a straight line by a combination of its sharp keels (sponsons) and pressurised air in its tunnels. The sponsons also provide superior directional stability to avoid any unforeseen sudden changes in direction (hooking) at high speed.
Hull construction is carefully executed with the following:
- Lloyds approved UV resistant isophthalic gelcoat backed with vinyl ester powder-bound CSM
- Advanced multiaxial fibreglass mats with lightweight PVC foam girder and bulkheads with carbon fibre stiffening
- Vinyl ester resin throughout
- PVC foam sandwich construction hull, deck and superstructure
- All composite materials Lloyds or DVN approved
- Structure built to DNV Patrol R1 class rules
LENGTH OVER ALL (LOA): 13.7m
BEAM (MAX): 4.2m
DISPLACEMENT LIGHT SHIP: ~8500 kg
DISPLACEMENT FULL LOAD: ~11500 kg
FUEL CAPACITY: 1800 litres
SEATING CAPACITY: 12 pax + 2 crew
- Triple Volvo D6 370 – with DPR Duo Prop Stern Drives
- Triple Yanmar 6LY 440 – with Konrad Stern Drives
- Triple Cummins QSB550 – with Arneson Surface Drives
- Triple Mercury Verado V12 600 outboard petrol engines
MAXIMUM SPEED RANGES: 55 – 70+ knots*
RANGE: ~ 450 NM*
CE CATEGORY: B
*Every attempt has been made to give accurate information, but performance and range figures are estimates given as a guide only. Dirt or growth on the hull, tuning of the engines, size, make of engines fitted, damage to the propellers, the temperature of the air and water, the weight of the fuel, water stores and number of people can affect the boat’s performance and range. For these and other reasons we can give no performance guarantees and they do not constitute to treat to term of contract. There may be items shown in these photographs that are not included in the standard inventory of the model shown. This specification refers to models sold in the United Kingdom. Actual specification for models sold in other markets may vary and specifications and models may be changed or withdrawn at any time without prior notice. The individual specification of each vessel will be agreed as part of the sales contract between the purchaser and the ICE Marine dealer. Ice Marine dealers and distributers are not owned agents of Ice Marine or any subsidiary companies to pledge, contract or agreement in any form or by any means unless first accepted by Ice Marine Limited.